Our Childcare Centre Philosophy reflects our values and beliefs.
At Discovery Tree, we endeavour to meet all the possible needs of the children in our care. We aim to achieve this by providing a caring, safe, supportive, warm, happy and stimulating learning environment in our state of the art childcare centre.
We encourage all children to actively explore their environment and support them to form and develop trusting relationships with other children and educators. We strongly promote numerous opportunities for play. We believe play is valuable in every aspect of a child’s development and recognise the importance of children being actively involved and engaged in a variety of learning experiences. We believe a child’s learning should be supported and encouraged through positive interactions and discussions with the child’s family on a regular basis.
We believe it is important to be aware of diversity and multiculturalism within the community in which we live. We aim to reflect diversity throughout our Centre, as well as in our programming. We feel that providing daily experiences will help to support this. We strongly believe that early childhood education is the foundation of a child’s future. We believe that all children should be treated with equality, and their cultural diversity embraced and acknowledged.
We also strive to perform in all areas of what we do in order to continue to be recognised as one of Melbourne’s best childcare centres.
- To promote a supportive environment that builds high self-esteem and self-worth
- To provide a balanced and relaxed learning environment, where children are given the opportunity to play, discover and develop at their own rate and level
- To allow time for the children to refine and practice skills that they have learnt to feel confident and happy
- To promote and create a positive and flexible indoor and outdoor environment that is inviting and full of possibilities
- We encourage family involvement and feedback into the development and delivery of our educational programs at all times
- To promote honest and open communication with all of our families, respecting their thoughts and their opinions and incorporating these suggestions into our program when appropriate
- Each child’s family knows their child best, and childcare professionals will work in partnership and collaboration with families to ensure the best possible outcomes for their child’s needs and abilities will be met
- Our educators are encouraged to facilitate the child’s learning based on the child’s interest and actively engage in the activities with the child
- The educator will participate in the variety of activities to help ensure and guide the child’s learning and help assist and scaffold the learning in a positive manner in order to support the child’s understanding.
- To promote and support sustainable practices within our centre with the children across all rooms.
- Our main goal with our food program is to serve nutritious meals and snacks that are healthy and appetising to the children.
Want to find out more about our amazing childcare centre? We’d love to hear from you! Give us a call today.