Good nutrition is an essential ingredient of quality childcare. At Discovery Tree Early Leaning Centre we aim to develop good food habits, because early experiences with food have a strong impact on a child’s future eating habits and health.
The food people eat influence their growth and development, capacity to learn, and their overall behaviour. Knowing this, we provide the children with nutritious meals, which will help foster the development of positive eating practices and enhance their emotional and psychological growth.
All of the children’s meal requirements for the entire day are included in our daily fees and provided, using quality, fresh ingredients that can accommodate for any food allergy or intolerance. Milk and water are served at each meal time.
Our centre features the latest commercial kitchen where our cooks prepare all of our meals fresh on a daily basis. We source all of ingredients from local suppliers which not only support our local community but also ensures consistent quality and freshness.
Please click the link below to view menu:
The menu is varied and considers special dietary needs
- Infants over the age of 6 months are provided with iron rich foods, and meals and snacks of progressing texture according to their age.
- Children with allergies are provided with appropriate substitutes of foods and drinks, in line with the Menu planning guidelines.
- The menu includes a variety of meals from different cultures and a variety of tastes, colours, textures and flavours.
- Main meals are not repeated in the two-week menu cycle and the main ingredient in a meal is not repeated on the same day each week.
- Water is also available freely throughout the day